Do you have a nice camera that you don't know how to use?
Capturing stunning, authentic images with your DSLR takes more than the push of a button. In this class, you'll walk through every feature, setting, and real-life strategy that no camera-owner should be without.
After this class, expect to be comfortable with the following concepts:
- Fundamental DSLR elements
- Exposure, aperture & shutter speed
- Depth of field & background blur
- Essential lenses & focal length
- Tack-sharp focus
- Basic lighting techniques
- Composition strategies to create impact
- September 21st (Saturday) 1 pm - 3:30 pm
- October 3rd (Thursday) 11 am - 1:30 pm
- Check back for later dates!
Classes will take place at my home studio on Fort Wainwright (address will be given when you book the class)
What will you get?
- 2.5 hours of personalized instruction
- Printed workbook with covered material
- Small group instruction (6 students max)
- Cost is $75 per person.
- Minimum 4 students needed to run this class. Tell your friends!
- If you'd like to be notified about additional dates or classes, please click here and get on my e-mail list.
* I can also offer this class with a minimum of 2 students during the weekdays upon request! Email email@example.com
"Photography is the story I fail to put into words"
Who is this for?
- You have a DSLR or mirrorless camera (Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc.) that you don't know how to use.
- You are a parent who wants to take better pictures of your family.
- You are a blogger or business owner who wants to improve the quality of the photos you post.
- You're inspired by living here in Alaska and want to capture its beauty
Who is this class NOT for?
- If you are thinking about starting your own photography business this class is not for you. I will not be discussing the business of photography.
- If you already know all the bells & whistles of your camera and can consistently take properly exposed and creative photos you are probably too advanced for this class.
First as a travel and landscape photographer for nearly six years and now a mom of a toddler with a portrait business, I understand how important it is to be able to capture special moments, especially those of everyday life. As a full-service, boutique newborn and family photographer, I am able to provide my clients with not only an incredible photographic experience, but also the opportunity to preserve your family's most precious memories through printed photography. I enjoy being able to share my knowledge and love for photography, which is why I offer a fun, hands-on learning environment where anyone can learn how to capture their own special moments.